This online tool is used to manage the submission and approval process for undergraduate independent study learning contracts. The online form includes the same elements as the independent study learning contract paper forms. The College is piloting the tool for the following departments and courses.
- African, African American, & Diaspora Studies: AAAD 293, 396, 691H, and 692H
- American Studies: AMST 396, 493, 691H, and 692H; FOLK 495, 496, 691H, and 692H
- Anthropology: ANTH 195, 196, 295, 296, 393, 395, 396, 692H
- Archaeology: ARCH 393, 395, 396, 691H and 692H
- Art History: ARTH 293, 396, 595, 691H and 692H
- Asian and Middle Eastern Studies: ARAB 496, ASIA 496, CHIN 496, HNUR 496, JAPN 496, KOR 496 and ASIA 691H
- Chemistry: CHEM 291, 395
- Classics: CLAR 395, 396, CLAS 395, 396, 691H, 692H, GREK 395, 396, LATN 395 and 396
- Communication: COMM 396, 596, 691H, 692H, 693H, and 694H
- Computer Science: COMP 293, 393, 495, 496, 691H and 692H
- English and Comparative Literature: ENGL 396 and 495; CMPL 496
- Environment and Ecology: ENEC 393, 395, 396, 493, 693H and 694H
- European Studies: EURO 691H and 692H
- Geography: GEOG 295, 296, 493, 691H, and 692H
- Geological Sciences: GEOL 395, 691H, and 692H
- Global Studies: GLBL 193 and 196
- History: HIST 493, 495, and 496
- Interdisciplinary Studies: IDST 396, 496, 691H and 692H
- Linguistics: LING 395, 493, 495, 496, 691H, and 692H
- Mathematics: MATH 296, 691H, and 692H
- Political Science: POLI 193, 395, 396 and 693H
- Psychology and Neuroscience: PSYC 395, NSCI 395
- Statistics and Operations Research: STOR 493, 496, 691H, 692H
- Women's and Gender Studies: WGST 393, 396, 796
Students: Please be sure to have an initial consultation with a faculty advisor before submitting a learning contract. If you have questions about the process, please contact the department’s independent study coordinator or student services manager.
Requests may be submitted only for courses listed above.
Instructors: Please review the contract carefully. You have the option to make edits and/or recycle the form back to the student. If approved, the form is routed to the department’s independent study coordinator for review and approval.
Independent study coordinators: Some departments have more than one coordinator; in these cases, be sure to review only the contracts for the courses you are responsible for.
Access: Please contact OASIS to request access to OLCM.